Government assistance and services
Rebates and assistance
- Governments across Australia offer a range of rebates and other assistance to help households save energy and water, reduce waste and travel smarter. Search our rebates page for homeowners, renters and landlords.
- The GrantsLINK website can help you find suitable and relevant grants for projects from a range of government grants. You can search by subject, agency and program name. GrantsLINK can also assist you with filling out application forms.
- Find business-related government grants using the grants & assistance finder on the business.gov.au website.
Services and information
The Small Business Support Line provides small business owners with a single point of contact for access to information and referral services to improve their business sustainability and better manage their business. Support Line advisers link into the network of Business Enterprise Centres and other small business advisory services around Australia.
Telephone: 1800 777 275 Monday–Friday 8am–8pm AEST.
- Business.gov.au provides information, tools and resources from the Australian and state and territory governments to assist in planning for, starting and running a business. It also includes a:
- Australian Tax Office what is a home-based business and business portal essentials.
- Stay Smart Online advice for small and medium businesses.
- The Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS) can help you with information on compliance and registration requirements. You can find out which government licences and registrations apply to your business, and create and download a personalised report.